2020 East Coast Kubb Championship (hosted by Queen City Kubb)
|When:||March 21, 2020|
|Where:||River Run Athletic Field, Davidson, NC|
|Cost:||$40 per team|
|Registration:||Opens December 1st, 2019|
|Limited to 32 teams of 2 - 6 players per team|
The tournament will take place on Saturday, March 21, 2020, in Davidson, NC. Registration begins at 7:30AM and play starts at 9:00AM.
We will be using the U.S. National Kubb Championship® Rules V3.2b. with the exception of two rules:
- Minimum 2 players, no player may throw more than 3 batons per round
- The "Neighbor Rule" which can be found in the Kubb United Rules for Open Play
- Once all field Kubbs are raised the offensive team may choose to remove the center pin while throwing batons. NOTE: All pins must be replaced after the turn is over.
There will be 7 qualifying rounds of single games each having a 25 minute time limit using the "Klassic Format". After that the top 8 teams will be seeded in the championship bracket, the next 24 teams (9-32) will be seeded in the Silver bracket. All teams that enter are guaranteed to play 8 games.
The tournament will be played with Country Kubb kubb sets.
Schedule: (subject to change)
- 7:30 - 8:45 - Registration, Practice, Learn to Play
- 8:30 - 8:45 - Kubb game play and rules demo for new players or first time tournament teams
- 8:50 - Team Captain Meeting
- 9:00 - 1st qualifying round begins
- 9:30 - 2nd qualifying round begins
- 10:00 - 3rd qualifying round begins
- 10:30 - 4th qualifying round begins
- 11:00 - 5th qualifying round begins
- 11:30 - 6th qualifying round begins
- 12:00 - Lunch Break - BBQ lunch will be available on site. All proceeds from lunch go to the Appalachia Service Project
- 1:00 - 7th qualifying round begins
- 1:30 - Championship & Silver Bracket play begins
Championship Bracket - Best 2 out of 3 matches with no time limit
Silver Bracket Play - 1 game matches with 30 minute time limits
Awards will be given to the top 3 finishers in the Championship Bracket and the Silver Bracket.
- Comfort Suites Lake Norman, Huntersville 10 minutes from the tournament site.
- Best Western Plus Huntersville Inn & Suites 10 mins from the tournament site.
|NOTE:||Food and beverages are permitted.|
|EZ-Up tents are permitted and can be setup around the main playing area. Tent space is first come first serve|
|East Coast Kubb Championship is played rain or shine. Play may be delayed for severe weather but please be prepared for all conditions.|
|Queen City Kubb / ECKC can help provide coolers, chairs, and tent space for teams flying to North Carolina for this event.|
|Please let us know your needs before hand via email. firstname.lastname@example.org|